Intense Pulsed laser treatment, popularly known as IPL, has emerged as a hot favorite treatment for skin rejuvenation. It’s a dermatologist approved facial treatment that, when done properly, offers dramatic results. Clearly, it means that the results aren’t exaggerated. This treatment actually offers astounding visible results; hence, the hype.
Considering that more and more people are inclined to undergo this treatment but there are a lot of unanswered questions about this procedure, we have made this guide that will take you through all the specifics about this skin treatment.
So, let’s begin sequentially and address all the questions about IPL.
- What exactly is IPL?
The Clinique Anti Aging IPL laser treatment is a rejuvenation procedure that uses broadband light for skin correction. In other words, it’s not a laser treatment. Instead, it uses broadband light. The ways in which it resolves many skin problems are given below.
- It triggers the collagen formation at molecular level.
- Collagen speeds up the process of formation of new skin cells and changing the gene expression of old cells to mimic the qualities of young skin cells.
- The new skin cells are baby soft and elastic.
- When new cells replace the dead cells in the epidermis, fine lines and wrinkles disappear.
- What other skin benefits does IPL offer?
This wonderful and non-invasive anti-aging skin treatment also:
- Corrects photo damage.
- Removes black and brown spots from the skin.
- Removes deep-seated acne marks that otherwise won’t go away.
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks to a large extent.
- Does IPL suit all skin types?
IPL treatment is designed only for fair to medium brown skin types. It’s not for you if you have a dark complexion.
- Are there any precautions that one needs to follow?
Actually, just the one. Ensure that you do not sun-soak or visit a tanning booth at least 3 weeks before your treatment. Like mentioned, this treatment is not for dark skin. If performed on tanned skin, there are good chances that the skin might get burned, blistered, and even permanently scarred.
As long as you’re out of the sun and following the advice of your dermatologist at Clinique anti aging center, you’ll suffer from no side effects whatsoever.
- Is it a hair removal treatment too?
No. Absolutely not. IPL treatment has nothing to do with hair removal. It’s a natural skin rejuvenation procedure that does not affect hair follicles at all.
- Is it a permanent anti-aging treatment?
Just like any other skin treatment, IPL too needs follow up sittings for the result to continue showing. You have to take anywhere between 2 to 4 follow-up sessions every year.
These are the most common questions that we have addressed. For any more info, do visit the clinique anti aging clinic in Montreal and check out their website.